4/9/08

Why

Jason shakes his head in disgust. “I don’t think there’s anything here to lead us anywhere, Nate. Right about now, I’d just as soon sit back and wait to hear from Misty. If she was following the guys who took Carson…or who Carson was with, or whatever, there’s a chance she didn’t get in the heat of things and she’s fine.” He sinks down into his chair. “As far as searching goes, we both know that doing that in the dark does no one any good.”


Drew cocks his head a little, a dry laugh forming. “I know you too well to give you a hug, Misty. Don’t think I haven’t forgotten the last poor soul that tried to lay a hand on you. No…I don’t think you’ve changed one bit.”

He comes several steps closer to her. “Ah, the disc, huh? Finally got the information we wanted, I’d wager. After all these years? What makes you think we haven’t gotten all we need already? And why now? Why tonight?”

No comments: