4/9/08

Terms

Carson holds his gaze on Nate, never letting it drop. The words stung, but he took them, absorbing the sting...letting them sink in. Misty had given him something no one else had...a chance. A chance at trust, a chance at friendship, a chance at life. Carson hated TJY right now for their move, even if it had been logical. But as far as he knew, Misty had nothing to do with that, and Nate was right...she was innocent, and she was in danger.

The wheels in his mind start to turn almost visibly as he begins to negotiate scenarios in his brain. One thing after another flies through his mind until he lands on the variables that he needs. "I want my guns," he states flatly. "I want a vehicle. I want to know everything about Misty's past with the Agency. I want a change of clothes, I want some major pain killers, I want makeup, and I will be going in alone." His glare proves his seriousness. "Those are my terms."

No comments: