1/20/08

Worry

Mick grimaces and shakes his head. “This has got to be the work of the Agency. I don’t know what they hoped to find though…I wonder if they think we know more than we do….or perhaps they’re trying to find out just how much we know.” He gestures to Rosetta. “Come on, let’s go join the others in the mess hall to make sure everyone is accounted for.”

Cindy nods to Wes, though she’s a bit shaken. “Yeah, I think so. Just scared me I guess.” She looks around nervously, feeling on edge and jumpy. “It’s like something’s gone terribly wrong somewhere…it must just be this whole thing.” She shivers. “I guess I’ll follow the others inside. You coming, too?”

Luke returns Angel’s hug, trusting her words, then goes inside behind the others.

Jim quickly steps in for Angel, proud of her for even making it this far around Damien. “I got it.” He directs Damien to sit down and take off his shirt, then disinfects the wound and gives him a couple pain killers. “Alright, this isn’t going to feel too good, but try not to flinch.” Jim works as quickly as he can with precision to stitch up the knife wound, and in no time, he’s finished. “There you go. If you notice a lot of discomfort or swelling, let me know, but otherwise just try not to move around too quickly so you don’t tear the stitches.”
He washes his hands in the sink, his back to Damien. “You’re gonna have some explaining to do to that group out there about how you knew to come here tonight…”

Clint sits down next to Wendy, and gives her hand a squeeze. “I can’t believe the idiots that did this…” He shakes his head in disgust, but forces himself to calm down. “I’m just glad you’re okay.”

Austin paces near the kitchen, checking his phone to make sure it’s still on and working and that he hasn’t missed any calls. Where was Katie? Adam? Jason? He had to find out what was going on… He thinks of Cindy, but opts not to say anything until he knows for sure what’s happened. Katie said Jason was gone, but that’s all he knows…

No comments: