4/11/08

Waiting

Carson gives a dry laugh. "That's like telling a guard dog not to bite. Disaster is my shadow, but I'll try to behave myself for your sake."

Reaching the fast food restaurant, he holds the door open for Misty his eyes shifting in all directions. Though his body language is confident, and a bit cocky, his eyes reveal a cautiousness as he's in public.

It doesn't take long before they're at a table eating their supper. Carson dips a frenchfry in some ketchup, his watchfulness taking over so he's fairly quiet, though his mind is going a hundred miles an hour.


Laura starts to relax, and smirks at Nate. "Why on earth would I mind Maggie coming along? She's great company, and it's been too long since I've seen her." She turns around. "Let me grab my purse and I'm ready when you are."


"Yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming." Con exits the bathroom, having rushed through a shower and changing clothes. His hair is still wet, and his cologne fresh. He grabs his keys and heads for the door, getting there before Jamie. "Well what's taking you so long?" he teases. "I've been waiting here for hours!"


The community building is packed. People are everywhere, sitting, standing, working behind tables, and mulling around outside as well. JetStream sits expectantly near the soundboard with Jen, smiles on their faces as they await Katie. JetStream would be playing for quite a while, but to them, she was the main event.

Con looks over the crowd, glad for his height that he could see, and spies two chairs near the front, guiding Jamie along beside him so they can get a good seat.

Laura settles in by Nate and Maggie, glad that she decided to come. With Maggie along, things hadn't seemed quite so awkward. Others from TJY are scattered throughout the crowd as well. including Wyatt and Reese.

No comments: