4/8/08

Key

Jason looks up quickly, still having been engrossed in what he was looking through. "Oh, um yeah..." He rummages through the bag to pull out a set of clothes, going through it to make sure there's nothing else there, and tosses them to Misty just as Nate walks in. Quirking an eyebrow, he questions Misty in front of Nate. "How's our p.o.w. doing this morning anyway?"


Carson sits up in bed and swings his legs over the side, signing deeply as Misty leaves the room. No, he wasn't going to run away. Where could he go anyway? Not that he could get out of this building without being seen. Suddenly a figure appears tin the doorway and Carson looks up, surprised to see Ty.

Ty cocks his head and slowly approaches, his hands hooked in his pockets. "How ya doing?"

Carson eyes him skeptically. "Alright. And what is it you want?"

Ty shrugs. "I don't know. I guess I just maybe don't agree with what the guys are doing, that's all." He think about finding Carson in the cell and shudders just a little, the rare compassion surfacing. "I know how it feels to get down...." He sighs deeply, and comes even closer, his batch of keys within Carson's reach. "I know if I were in your shoes I'd give just about anything to get a breath of fresh night air..." He shrugs again. "I know you're on our side, Carson...I guess I trust you even if Jason and Nate don't..." He recalls Misty's actions. "Sometimes having more than one friend is even better...and blue keys are often a way to get that fresh air without anyone knowing."

Carson spies the blue key ring on Ty's belt, and knows exactly what the young man is doing. He couldn't be more grateful. In the blink of an eye, the key is in his own hand being slipped into his pocket.

Ty slowly turns around and ambles to the door. "You might see me cleaning tonight," he calls over his shoulder. "And by the way, I wouldn't recommend sneaking around without Misty unless you want a hornet on your hands."


Reese and Wyatt's voice can be heard through Reese's office door, but the conversation stops as Katie knocks. "Come in."

Reese is seated behind his desk, Wyatt standing. He turns, and seeing Katie, offers a wide smile. "Hero. Good to see you back."

"It certainly is." Reese nods. "Welcome back, Katie."


Con shifts his weight to wrap an arm around Jamie's shoulders. "Thanks for putting up with me."

No comments: