4/8/08

A face like mine

Carson’s jaw muscles show his tension as Misty speaks, his eyes dark and lonely. “Why don’t you just accept the fact he’s right, Misty? I mean come on. You know good and well I deserve worse than that cell.” He pauses, giving a slight sigh of disgust. “Just let it go. Anyone concerned with me is gonna get hurt in the long run, and you need to look out for yourself for once instead of defending me. All you’re gonna do is get yourself in trouble, and I’m not worth it.”


Jason smirks at Nate and gives him a light slap upside the head. “I don’t know where your brain is. You passed out in front of that so-called angel of yours. It would have been rather amusing had you not looked like death warmed over.”

He hands Nate the glass of water. “I’ve already taken care of talking to Misty, and Laura went running down the hall screaming, so my advice to you is go home and get some sleep before you make a fool out of yourself again. Unless you like waking up to a face like mine.”


Kyle strokes under Henry’s chin and chuckles. He ignores Katie’s question for just a moment, but finally answers her. “Jen’s alright. She just had a rough day is all.” He sighs and turns Henry over to let him back down to the floor. “She said to tell you that she hated not being able to come, but that she’d see you at the fundraiser.”

No comments: