3/14/08

Sorry

Con almost jumps as Jamie touches her shoulder. But it’s not the startled feeling that lingers, but rather one as if she’d had an electrical current running through her fingers.

He sighs and walks lamely to the car, sliding into the passenger seat, his long legs taking up all the room available. His hands are set on his lap, and he stares out the windshield, unable to even dare look over to Jamie. He opens his mouth once to say something, but then changes his mind, and simply remains silent until they reach his car by the side of the road.

After Jamie’s vehicle is stopped, Con is quick to exit. He goes to his car, but reaching it, he leans up against it, his back still to Jamie, but within earshot. He couldn’t just let this go. “Jamie…I’m sorry.” Though not even seeing her, his face grows hot all over again. “I shouldn’t have done that.”


Jason quirks an eyebrow at Katie’s suggestion of security. He almost questions her as she still can’t walk, but he decides to let it go for now.

He looks at her, his eyes narrowing slightly as she mentions letting people make their own decisions. Maybe he did try to second guess or even dictate people... He knew he’d done that with Katie… But he was only trying to protect those he cared about…

A slight chuckle escapes in reference to Kyle. “Yeah, he was razzing me before I left about that. I have a feeling he knows I’m into something heavy, and has probably figured as much out about you, but would rather tease than ask directly.”

Jason sighs deeply, lost in thought for a moment. “I’d like it if we told them together…they need to know about both of us. And if I crash and burn, at least I won’t be alone.” He grins a little. “But…I’ll call them about meeting sometime tomorrow. For now…have you eaten supper? I haven’t had a bite since lunch, and you know I’ll be great company if I wait any longer.” He rolls his eyes. “That is…if you don’t mind me eating here…with you.”

No comments: