3/6/08

Questioning

Con offers a gentle smile. “I know it’s no fun being here…You know the rest of us wish you could be out of here just as much as you do. …And just for the record, if anyone’s determination can get them out of here, it’s yours…you’ll make it…in that, I have confidence.”

He chuckles as she asks him how he himself is doing. “Oh, I’m alright. Trying to get my sea legs back I guess, after being gone this long. Trying to convince Reese to keep me on for a little while here, though I don’t know if he’ll grant me more than a week….” He shakes his head. “Not enough excitement going on in my life to have an awful lot to talk about, though I suppose that’s not a bad thing.”

Con pauses, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly as he looks at Katie. “And how are things with you and Jason?”

No comments: