3/6/08

No!

Relief sweeps over Jay as his sister embraces him. He wouldn't want to admit his fear that he'd be rejected after their relationship had taken such a bad turn. He returns her hug warmly, letting it linger for a moment before drawing away. "Yes...it's been too long." He knows he doesn't have to apologize any more, but he allows it to show in his eyes. "Thanks for taking care of Katie, Rosetta...she's one fine young woman." In his mind, he thinks, 'no thanks to me.'


As Jason drives back into town, he's suddenly hit with the urge to go back. He was throwing away an opportunity, no matter how small, that meant something to him. Could he really, with a clear conscience do this?
He taps his fingers on his steering wheel as the feeling intensifies. His gut screams at him to turn around, and his nervousness grows.

Instantly, and as quick as a camera flash, he feels it.

"Aw, Katie! No!" He slams on his breaks, right in the middle of the deserted road. "Why are you doing this to me?" He shouts. Groaning, he turns around once again. "Fine. Just don't ask me about it later because I will have crashed and burned and I don't need to repeat it."


After a greeting to Jeff and to Mick, everyone talks for a little while as attention is turned back to Katie, light conversation continuing. Feeling that his visit has been well worth the time, Jay is disappointed that his plan will be leaving soon. He would have gotten here yesterday had there not been delays. He gives Katie's hand a quick squeeze. "Thanks for letting me come." He smiles at her. "I'll make sure someone lets me know how you progress...I don't want to lose track of any more than I already have."
He turns to bid the others farewell, and slowly makes his way to the door, picking up his bag.

No comments: