6/1/08

Truth

“Look, Misty…” Wyatt’s tone lowers to a slightly softer, but still serious tone. “There’s something we didn’t tell you…we didn’t think you needed to be thinking about it, and we figured Carson would tell you eventually, but as far as I know, he hasn’t.” He pauses, unsure how to word it. “The day you were shot, before Carson found you, someone almost killed him…he fired on them and killed them first. It…it was Ashlyn. And…I don’t think Carson took it too well.”

Wyatt shakes his head. “I just…I think it might have finally gotten to him, and he took off, but I don’t know where to start looking. He took off the last time things got tough and it was all the way to Australia. I hope this isn’t connected, but if it is…look, I just don’t want you getting hurt is all. But if you’re that determined, you can come along. We need to tell Reese we’re going, and maybe we should recruit Nate or something too.”


Jason looks up quickly at Katie. She’d gotten way too good at reading him. “Um…alright…I guess. As long as….” He bites his tongue, the awkwardness returning. “As long as you didn’t have plans with Scott or something.”

No comments: