6/1/08

Nice

Carson sinks lower in his seat, leaning against Misty as she talks. With no control of his emotions in his inebriated state, his lower lip quivers again. "Nobody's evr lved me before," he slurs.

Trying to register and understand what Misty is saying, he furrows his brow, feeling in a daze. "I didn't want to die...Wyatt...he's a good bloke, you know...he told me she was there so I wouldn't die..." He nods. "He's a good bloke, you know."

He takes a swipe at his eyes with the back of his hand. "I didn't want you to die neither...cuz I like you too much." Another unwanted tear escapes. "And you're nice to me." He pats her leg. "Yes, you're nice to me, very nice."

He sniffs, his head leaned back against the couch as Misty's hand runs over his face. A laugh breaks out. "You don't want me to leave eh? I thought so...I didn't make it out of town, did I? No..." He shakes his head. "I stopped and figured I'd forget all this...all this nonsense that's running through my brain." He tapes his head with a finger. "Before I hated myself any more."

Carson's eyes drift shut, the effects of his day starting to take over. He gestures with his hand. "You..go on...with your life...ain't no good havin' somebody like me 'round causin' trouble all the time, even if ya love me, 'cause you'll be fine, I know it...yes..." his head starts to tilt to the side. "I...know....it...." His voice suddenly drops off, his breathing going quiet as drunken sleep takes over.

No comments: