5/9/08

Step outside

Scott shakes his head, though is grateful for Katie’s offer of something to take for his allergic reaction. “Naw, I’ll be alright, just give me a few minutes.” He blinks again, squinting a little as the stinging starts to slow.

As Katie gathers her clothes and heads for a shower, Scott raises his eyebrows a little. For someone who had been completely out of it just shortly before, she was moving pretty well now. Not that he wasn’t glad – it did seem just a little odd, though.

Taking the remote, Scott sinks down to the floor and sits cross-legged, using the bed as a backrest. Domino crawls into his lap, and he turns on the tv, to wait.

Once Katie returns, Scott gets up and heads to the front door, putting a leash back on Domino. “I’ll let you choose where we go,” he offers. “I don’t care.” Stepping onto the porch, he hesitates. “We can take my car…or…we can take two vehicles…if you prefer.”


Carson returns Misty’s kiss, ending with a laugh. “Well man, I guess I’m out of luck then. I don’t think I could handle a hot Aussie…” He gives her a sly look. “Could you?”

Giving her a push, he sends her in front of him out onto the main floor. “See you at six, don’t be late.”


Laura’s face gets just a little red, but she nods sheepishly. “I won’t argue with you about buying my meals anymore…though sometime you should let me do the paying so at least I can do something nice for you for a change.”


Con takes a bite of his pizza and lifts an eyebrow at the news of a meeting. “That’s interesting… yeah, I think I might be able to swing getting off work. If I can get Carrie to trade days off with me, then I can pull it off. I’ll talk to her this afternoon about it.”

He’s about to say more when he follows Jamie’s gaze to the door. He pauses his eating, laying eyes on Nate and Laura. Thinking for a moment, he contemplates his options, and finally gets to his feet. He lays a hand on Jamie’s shoulder. “I’ll be right back.”


Laura spots Con and Jamie, and stops, just a little bit of fear returning. Everything would be fine….she knew it…but it still felt awkward.

As Con approaches, she lets go of Nate’s hand and goes to give her brother a hug. Con receives her warmly, returning a caring embrace. “You okay?” he asks quietly.

Laura withdraws and nods. “Yeah…I think I am.”

“Good.” Con gives her cheek a teasing swipe with his finger. Turning his concentration to Nate, he steps forward, studying last night’s foe for several moments. “Would you mind stepping outside for just a minute?” he asks. Though the request might have sounded threatening, his tone indicates that anger is not present today.


Wyatt hears the bell on the door and automatically glances to the entrance, this time seeing Aerith. He gives a little smile and returns the wave. He was glad to see her up and about – apparently she’d had her car repaired.

Finishing off his pizza, Wyatt downs the rest of his pop and gets up from his table, going to the counter to pay. As he does, he gives a glance to his side where Aerith is sitting. “Well, I see you found your way to the best restaurant in town. How was your first night in Nevada?”

No comments: