5/9/08

Good luck

Scott grins a little and looks down at his drink. “I’m a clumsy computer geek. What more is there?”

He knows that Katie wants more than that, so he shrugs after taking a sip of his pop. “I survived high school as the number one nerd, took three years at a tech school, got hooked up with TJY and here I am. I like computers, cars and classical music. I enjoy my dog, I collect sportscar magazines and movies, and when I have time, I like exploring photography and visiting the museum in Treyville.”

Scott pauses and looks up, cocking his head. “What about Katie Pent? What’s behind those eyes of hers?”


Laura gives a little sigh and nods. “Yeah…I’m better today…” Her face reddens just a little. She didn’t know if Jamie knew everything or not. “Just a bad night…and Nate and I are okay I think.”


Con looks at Nate’s hand and accepts it with a firm grip. “Alright. So we’re both sorry, but we both know where we stand now. And I know you care about Laura…” He gives a little nod. “She needs someone to stick this out with her, and if you can do that, then you deserve to keep her.”

Taking a deep breath, he cocks his head back to the restaurant. “And since we care so much about our girls, how about we go back in there so they know we haven’t beaten each other to a pulp.”


Wyatt hands Mabel money for his food, and returns his wallet to his back pocket. He smiles wryly. “I work at a factory. Can’t get much more exciting than that. As far as work around here, it shouldn’t be hard to pick up something part time if that’s all you’re looking for. I wouldn’t recommend the gas stations around here – they get some pretty rough characters hanging around. But otherwise it’s fairly decent in town.”

He nods to where Mabel is back in the kitchen. “You might as her – she knows everything and everybody around here.”

Pausing, he glances at his watch. “Well, it was nice seeing you. Maybe our paths will cross again. Good luck with the job hunt.”

No comments: