4/3/08

Your call

Carson’s jaw is tight, and he doesn’t move as Misty approaches. He puts out the cigarette, letting her question linger for a moment. “What happens is up to those two blokes out there. They’re the ones who have to make up their minds how they want to play this. All they gotta do is give me what I want, and I’ll hold up my end of the bargain. But I ain’t doing it for free.”

Jason begins to settle down a bit, realizing that Nate really does have the best intentions at heart. “You’re right… I’m sorry I flew off the handle. I just don’t understand why all of a sudden Carson’s being so belligerent. Maybe you’re right about Misty…maybe I was wrong that she shouldn’t be involved. But I still don’t think she should be alone with him. We need to hear Carson’s answers too.” He shrugs. “It’s your call.”

No comments: