4/3/08

Dark

Jason tenses as Nate moves behind him, realizing that this situation really is getting out of control. It was obvious that Nate needed to cool down, and Jason couldn't blame him - it would probably be good for him to step out as well before anything else went wrong.

He nods to Nate. "I'm right behind you. Leave this scum to think a while." He follows Nate to the door, and shuts it hard, locking it behind him and hitting the lightswitch that is outside the room. Taking a deep breath, he shakes his head. "This is ridiculous. I just can't read him at all. It's like he's got a split personality."


Carson squints as the light goes out. The room is pitch dark. He remains standing and for a moment holds his breath to listen. He can just make out slight movement and breathing. "Decided to stick around, eh, Sassy?" A flat laugh is forced out. "Now if Nate knew that, you do know he'd kill me. If I were you, I'd stay under that table 'cause when he gets back, I may not be the only thing he's after."

No comments: