4/3/08

How far?

Jason returns Nate's glance, unsure about this whole thing. He didn't like the look in Carson's eyes, but if Nate was confident that Misty would be fine, then what could he say? He finally shrugs, looking back at Carson. "We've been awfully generous, Carson. We could have made it a lot worse for you the last few days, but we didn't. I'd say you better start talking. You've got what you asked for first, so come on...work with us here."

Carson rocks back on the back legs of his chair, studying the two men. He knows Misty is in the room, but never leads on that she is. He makes eye contact with Nate. "You seem to be leading this little charade, so tell me...If I ask to be alone with Misty again, will you let me? If tell you not to come in, but I'm in here for over an hour with her, will you break the bargain? If she screams, will you break the deal and risk me staying close mouthed, or will you come in?" His gaze flings the challenge at Nate. "How far will you go, mate? What will you allow me to do with that pretty little thing? You know if I don't get what I want that I won't talk and you're out your precious information."

No comments: