4/3/08

What???

Carson lifts an eyebrow at Misty as she exits, wondering about her all over again. Her attitude…the way she carried herself…her words…
This would be interesting.


Jason rolls his eyes as he sidles past Nate to go back into the room. “It should be Reese’s decision,” he grumbles. “I can’t believe you’re gonna ask her.”

He goes back to Carson, sitting down in the chair and studying him for several moments. “What’s your game, Carson? Why don’t you just quit playing around?”

Carson cocks his head. “Why don’t you just give me what I want?”

“Maybe you’re asking too much.”

“Maybe. But how far are you willing to go?”

Jason sighs in irritation. “You keep asking that. Why?”

“Because I want to know.” Carson lights up another cigarette.

“Well you might be getting your way with Jamie,” Jason scoffs. “Nate’s calling now to see if she’ll come.”

For once, Carson’s eyes betray him as surprise flickers for a split second. “He’s actually asking her?”

Jason sees the surprise and his confusion intensifies. “Why not? After all, we’re not going to force her to come see the brute that hurt her. If she wants to do that, fine. But if she says no, you’re not getting your way.”

Carson takes his time with his smoke, thinking. “The Agency wants a trade. I stay and they won’t kill anyone if they get one of yours.”

Jason isn’t sure he heard correctly. “What?”

“You heard me.” Carson stares him in the eye. “You want me? You want what I know? The Agency wants pay for it, and they’ll get it one way or another. If TJY relents and sends one of theirs over, no one will get killed.”

Jason shakes his head, everything turned all around. “You just asked to see Jamie.”

Carson shrugs. “I don’t care anymore.”

“What are you doing?!” Jason just cannot understand the way Carson keeps changing his mind. “Do you want us to put you back in that cell to rot, or what?”

Carson doesn’t answer the question. “How far is your alliance willing to go, kid? I’m not talking until the Agency can have one of your men in my place.”


Con finishes putting the coffee on, and reaches for his ringing phone. Seeing it’s Nate, he quirks an eyebrow. “Yeah, hi Nate. What’s up?”

No comments: