8/13/08

Scott

Jason watches Carson leave, his temper starting to subside. Hearing Misty, he turns back to her, his angry look replaced by sympathy.

He shakes his head a little. "Thanks for what?"

Sighing, he just studies Misty for several moments, feeling the hurt for this friend. He didn't like seeing people hurt. He used to be able to ignore it. But he'd felt so much of it himself lately, that he could relate, and he didn't like seeing others go through it too.

Reaching down, he pulls Misty up out of her chair to wrap her in a hug meant to comfort. "It'll be okay...just hang in there."


Rick sighs deeply as he watches the whole display, and slowly returns to his work, wanting to give Misty her space, and deciding that the work he had for her today could wait.

"Hey, Rick?"

He looks to the door, surprised to see Susanne. Wanting to leave Misty and Jason alone without drawing attention, he goes out into the hall. "Yeah? What's up?"

"Has Scott come to see you?"

Rick quirks an eyebrow. "I haven't hardly seen him at all the last few weeks. Why?"

"I just..." Worry courses through Susanne's eyes. "I don't know...I know it's probably not any of my business, but...well Scott's kind of always been like a son and I..."

Rick crosses his arms, cocking his head an giving Susanne a slight grin. "Just say what you want to say."

Susanne sighs. "I'm worried about him. He's just...he's like a bean pole."

"He always has been."

"You haven't seen him lately, have you." Susanne shakes her head. "He looks like he's wasting away to nothing. I'm assuming it was the whole Katie thing that set him off, but I know he's not eating right. I never see him eating his lunches, I gave him some leftovers once so they didn't spoil at my place and I found them in garbage later. I wasn't offended... but he always loved my cooking. I just...I hope he's okay and not sick and... I guess I thought if something was really wrong with him that you would know."

Rick shakes his head slowly. "No...but that's for drawing my attention to it. I might just check in on him or at least keep my eye out. The last thing we need is for him to go down."

No comments: