4/4/08

Words

Carson quirks an eyebrow, softening his hard features. "How would you expect it to go? They want to kill me, but seeing as though I'm sitting here now, I suppose one could deduct that they'll let me live."

He takes a swig of his pop, simply studying Misty with a strangely keen interest, not allowing his eyes to reveal what he is thinking. He cocks his head just a little. "Her eyes like fire dissolve the expanse between two souls, her heart ablaze in the heat of battle. Like the wind she strikes not to harm but to conquer, a force which demands respect from the very enemy she defeats - the untouchable heart of another world."

Shifting his gaze back to his meal, a slight dry laugh accompanies the shake of his head before he takes another bite of his sandwich.


Reese nods knowingly. "Well, if Con doesn't take time off, I'll probably force him to until he's ready to come back. I know this place has been his life for a long time and I don't want him growing too sour on it."

He thumbs in the direction of Rick's office. "Yeah, he was here a bit ago." Reese grins. "Jamie, scar or no scar, you're beautiful because of your heart and don't let anyone tell you otherwise." He gives her a fatherly pat to the shoulder before turning to go back to his desk.

No comments: