2/5/08

Yes

Mick returns Rosetta's hug, reassuring her that it will be okay. Standing back, he cocks his head towards the bunkhouses. "I'm gonna go see Sparky for a few minutes. I'll catch you at supper, okay?"


Con returns Katie's embrace, giving her back a loving pat. "Go chase your dreams, Kat." He watches her leave, and sighs deeply as he whispers to himself. "I hope you're making the right decision..."


"...so we had another confrontation, and that was that." Jason sets his empty plate aside, leaning his head back against the wall.

Jade is sitting cross-legged on the bed, listening to him relate the day's events. Her expression remains thoughtful....compassionate. Poor Jason...he was on the outs with his own grandfather, he'd just had a fist fight with a friend, his relationship with Katie was in jeopardy... "I'm sorry, Jason. None of this has been easy on you, that much I can tell. You and Katie are kinda close, huh?"

Jason shrugs. "I guess. I thought so anyway."

Jade swallows hard, looking down. "So she was jealous of me...I didn't think...I mean...she told me you guys weren't together or anything so..."

"...don't blame yourself for anything," Jason cuts her off. "We weren't together, nor did I intend for her and I to be. She'll just have to get over it...as for not telling her everything....I still think I made the right choice...I mean, I had my reasons."

Jade gives his good leg a pat. "Well, don't beat yourself up about it. What's done is done. You just have to look ahead now. It will all work out somehow."

Jason gives her a smile, appreciating her company. "I know...thanks, Jade."

She leans over to give him a kiss, her eyes dancing. "I'm going to go see if I can't get my dad to say he'll go riding with me this week. I'll see you at supper?"

Jason nods, a grin on his face. "Yeah."


Reese confirms Katie's plans. "When you get to the airport, give them your name, and you'll have a flight booked already, and it's nonstop. When you get over here, someone will be there to meet you and bring you on over."

No comments: