2/5/08

Greetings

"Oh, hi!" The young man holds out his hand to offer his greeting, while accidentally dropping the sign. "Oh, dear..." he leans down to pick it up, bumping a woman behind him. "Oh, I'm sorry." His face reddens as he grabs the sign. Standing up too quickly, his elbow catches a man walking by, who throws him a withering look. "My fault, pardon me."
Clearing his throat, he tries again, looking back at Katie. "I'm Scott Thimblewig. Pleasure to meet you. Reese told me all about you, and I'm honored that I got to come pick you up. It's very exciting to have a new team member, especially one like you that I've heard so much about." Realizing he's rambling, he shuts up, throwing the sign in a nearby trashcan. "Here, let me help you with your bags." He takes the larger one from Katie, his arm dropping as he tries to lift it, and he struggles until he finally takes both hands, waddling down the crowded hall of the airport. Huffing just a little, he keeps up a dialogue. "It's just a short ways to headquarters - it won't take us long. Have you eaten lunch? Do you need to stop anywhere? Reese said to take all the time you needed."

No comments: