7/5/08

Staying conscious

Jason tries to smile a little as Misty kisses him, though he's too weary to open his eyes. "I'm hangin'...I'm hangin'..." He swallows hard and winces. "We'll get...Carson....Carson out of here."

Hearing Katie not much later, Jason manages to get his eyes open. "Ahh, you made it..." His voice is hoarse and cracks. "I knew I could...count on you."

As he's helped up, he doesn't resist, and just tries to keep himself going, leaning on both women for support. "It went down nicely....lots of people...fight weren't too bad..." He trudges between Misty and Katie, keeping one eye squinted ahead. "Guess the case is up...done my duty..." His rampant sentences prove he's rambling just to stay conscious.

Weaving through the crowd and finally getting to Katie's car, he slumps in the back seat, laying down again. "I think I got some ribs cracked by that boyfriend of yours," he mumbles. "My knee ain't so great."

He winces as the vehicle starts to move. "Yo, Hero, take it easy, ya got an invalid back here..." He tries to wipe some blood off his lip. "Do I look....as bad...as bad as I feel?"

He starts to relax, his eyes beginning to roll back in his head, but he catches himself. "Hey, doc, I got me a blackout comin' on...I don't wanna...." He pauses, trying to figure out what he was going to say. "I don't wanna have to have... you two drag my dead weight around..."

As they hit a little bump in the road, Jason quirks a grin. "Hey, driver, do that again, I think maybe somethin' got put back in place."

Getting back to TJY, Jason manages to stay conscious enough to carry at least some of his own weight inside and toward the infirmary. Jason's head is down, his eyes falling shut again, but he keeps on talking. "Nate, ol' buddy ol' pal," he calls out. "Sorry 'bout the boot to the head..." He winces as he puts too much weight on his knee. "I think I know how it feels now."


Reese answers his ringing phone, sitting up in bed. He's hit with a little bit of fear. Jason was supposed to help take down that ring tonight. "Hello? ...Yes...good... I...what? ...Carson?" Reese's heart sinks. "You're kidding me.... You got him downtown? Yeah... alright. Thanks, Doug. I'm coming down."

No comments: