7/5/08

Babble

Jason laughs a little, and tries to find the clock on the wall, finally landing on it and squinting. “It’s two in the morning…and you want to find something to watch on tv?”

He shakes his head. “Not that I have any better ideas…confined to this confounded bed.” He seems to have drifted back to sleep, but then his eyes open again. Turning his head once more, he gives Katie a groggy grin. “It’s the wee hours of the morning…I’m in here alone with a drop-dead gorgeous girl and we’re trying to find something interesting on television. Is there something wrong with this picture?”

Jason winces as he tries to shift his knee. “Is there a reason I feel like I’m floating up there…” He twirls a finger in the air. “…around the ceiling?”

He squints. “Hey, is that a spider up there?”


It seems like an eternity before Misty returns with Carson’s phone, but by then, he’s composed himself, and thought long enough to try and start something. “No one will come see me,” he explains to her. “But I want to have the next call in traced… but I either need to get upstairs, or have the equipment brought down here..” He sighs. “The trouble is convincing Brown that it’s legit. He’s got it in for me now.”

No comments: