6/17/08

It'll be me

Carson keeps his eyes on Frankie, even as he receives Misty’s elbow and chiding. After Frankie’s comment, Carson’s one eyebrow quirks, showing a look of arrogant amusement. “If I’m left wanting, maybe I did ask for too much. But if I agree to Misty being pretty, that will be nothing new, so it won’t impress her, which leaves me back at square one, now doesn’t it. I think I can be more creative than that.”

He gives Misty a sly sidelong glance before looking back at Frankie. “Not that I need to impress her. I think I’ve done a fair job thus far, and if I do say so myself, it’s been an adventure worth having.”

Pausing for just a moment, a cocky grin toys with the corner of his mouth. “And if anyone does the killing around here, it’ll be me for any guy who interferes with what we got going.”

No comments: