6/22/08

I guess

Carson sits down in his chair and throws Misty a glare before turning on his computer. “You think it’s so important, you go volunteer. I said no…Wyat will do just as good a job as me. I got enough to keep me busy, and I don’t want to get caught up in some mystery murder.”

He grits his teeth and turns his attention back to his desk to scan some papers, while hiding his eyes at the same time. “Reese can get another guinea pig for this one.”


Bret is almost surprised by Charlotte’s forward response, but had quickly caught on to her demeanor and grins instead.

He looks down, studying his own left hand for a moment. “This finger has been void of a ring for four years.” He looks back up to Charlotte. “So I guess someone was the stupid one and a judge earned a buck in divorce court.”

Bret slides back off the stool, glancing at his watch. “Six o’clock on the street corner. Don’t be late and set your mouth for Italian.” Reaching the door, he turns one last time to study Charlotte, but says no more, and disappears outside.

No comments: