3/4/08

Today

Jay sits in stunned silence, the work he'd just been doing, completely forgotten. He finds himself sitting on the floor, feeling numbed by the emotionally driven images of his baby girl. "Oh, no," he whispers. He puts a hand to his mouth, unsure of what even to do. But he doesn't have to think long. "I'm going to see her," he states decidedly. "I'm going to get the next flight out of here...if you see her before I do, let her know I'm coming..." He ends the conversation with a brief goodbye, then hangs up the phone. Getting to his feet, he leaves the paper and iced tea mess. "Jess! Come down here, we need to talk. I've got to go to Nevada...today."


Wyatt grins. "Things at TJY? Boring without you around there." He winks at her. "We're supposed to ask you how you're doing, not the other way around." He studies her face, realizing just how well she's taken the news about her condition...would she ever cease to amaze him? "What about you? Hospitals are nasty, but you're looking pretty good, if I do say so myself..." A mischievous look sparks in his eye. "Of course...you always look good to me."

Jason enters the room, but skids to a halt when he sees Wyatt. He has to take just a second to redirect his train of thought. "Oh, hi, Wyatt. You gonna be here long?"

Wyatt raises an eyebrow. "I was thinking about it."

"Alright...." Jason moves to pick up his bag and guitar. "Um, Katie, I'm going to take this stuff over to Con's place and....and do some other running around. I'll be back in just a bit."

No comments: