9/9/09

Make a Call

Going along the trail Katie didn't mind the quiet she hadn't felt all like coming to start with but she had for Jeff. The quiet was almost nice though and she never felt like she had to speak when she was around her Uncle Jeff anyways.


Coming to the clearing and look out over the edge at the ranch below Katie's eyes just wonder. Though in a different place she had seen this view many times. The mountains were another place to hide where she felt safe and new no one would find her.

Missing the first part of what Jeff had said Katie comes out of her own little world as Jeff finishes telling her how proud he was of her. She could feel her chest tighten as her eyes wanted to fill and she feel her own hands shake.

Her Uncle couldn't die, She needed him still. It wasn't fair and she didn't understand why, why did all this have to come at once. Looking to Jeff again Katie shakes her head, her own words will filled with the emotions she felt.

"You can't die, you WONT die Uncle Jeff so don't even start saying goodbye. I'll talk to Rick see if he can look up ally ways he hasn't thought about. I'll.."

Katie thinks for a long moment wondering...

"..There is a cure I know there is. I've lost everyone else I have ever been close to in one way or another. I am not losing you to!!!"

Katie turns her self and her horse pointing to go down the path again.

"If I have to backtrack on my path to see you through than I will."

Katie turned her head from Jeff, as the tears sprang into her eyes. She didn't want them to but they did and there was nothing she could really do about it, the tears, the anger, the hurt they just wanted to come, she had to let them.

She didn't want to talk about this anymore, she didn't want to think about her Uncle dyeing. She could only hope the subject would be dropped now.

"Come on, lets head back. I need to make a call to Rick, and Maybe we will be in time to get something to eat."

Alice could see the confusion inside Kyle, and it pained her to know he felt like he was back at step one again. She new he was going through a lot, and when he felt like he found peace it was ripped away.

Giving a smile and leaning in to lay a soft kiss on Kyle's lips Alice pulls away and runs a hand down his face stopping it at his jaw line.

"You already have giving me so much, and for that I thank you."


No comments: