9/9/09

Easier

"Alright, alright!" Rick raises his voice slightly. "I'll do more searching, okay?" He sighs. "You have no idea how many times I've gone over this, but I'll do it again, if you promise me to start taking care of yourself, and I mean it."


Jason stares down at the papers Misty hands him, and he gives a little groan. "Oh yeah, thanks, let me relive the nightmare instead of someone else."

Rubbing a weary hand over his face, he knows Misty didn't deserve to be snapped at. "Sorry... I just..." He takes a deep breath. "Edgy. Sorry. I'll sign whatever you need me to, I don't need to go over it if you have already." He glances on the sheet, not finding the x. "Just show me where."


JT goes to the door as the doorbell rings, just having been ready for a nap. Opening it up, he's surprised to see Gunner. "Well hi there." It had been a few days, and JT had wondered if they'd really hear from him again. "What brings you back here?"

"Business." Gunner has a more serious look on his face than normal. "Look, I know you couldn't help me before and I understand. So this time I'm going to make it easier on you..."

No comments: