9/9/09

Go on

"Mmm..." Bret returns Charlotte's kiss, grinning up at her. "Better now."

He chuckles as he receives the little teddy bear and gives it a pat on the head. "Oh good, someone to keep me company."

A sigh comes out, but Bret wobbles his head so-so. "I'm okay. Just wanna get out of this blasted bed. Doc said in a day or so they might get me up walking and see how that goes. So far they've just been sticking to therapy on my leg while I'm still in bed."

His neck felt better at least, and his shoulder was healing though was still fairly painful. His spirits were high though, under the circumstances. "And what are you up to, today? They've sure been working you a lot of hours down at the caves. Business must be good."


A weary sigh escapes Jeff's lips. "Katie... you're not 'leaving me behind' if you go ten minutes ahead of me."

He swings his head around to look at her. "Now do as I say and go back to the ranch." He nods towards the trail. "Go on."

No comments: