8/13/09

Uh oh

Wyatt stops, contemplating for several seconds that seem to take too long. He steps back towards her desk. "I wasn't supposed to say anything, but... well I don't know." He shrugs lamely. "Lately Carson's been acting a bit odd while he's been working on the case for Scott. We thought he'd been in too much contact with the Agency so... I was supposed to keep an eye on him. Today he met this woman out at the edge of town and... I'm pretty sure she's Agency. Haven't confirmed it yet, but I recognize her from some files I've seen."

He pauses, biting his lip. "Look, I don't want to stir up trouble, alright? I mean, I just saw what I saw and..."

It wasn't working. He could make up all the excuses that he wanted to, when he had the pictures in his hand. The felt like they were on fire.

Finally he just takes them out. "I'm sorry."

The top one reveals what he'd been so hesitant to share. Carson and the woman had been captured on film, kissing quite passionately by his car.

Wyatt swallows hard. "I... stopped at this picture. When they both got in his car and drove away, I lost him in traffic." He knew the day of the week it was, and knew that Misty and Carson usually went out. He wasn't sure what to say or how to say it now, and he didn't even know why he felt guilty, but he did.

No comments: