4/18/08

Boring

Reese looks up at Katie with sympathy, and shakes his head. “Nothing yet, Katie. But no news is good news. I’m sure he’s doing just fine. And you know, having the preliminary hearing bumped up was a surprise, but that just makes it all the more sooner that he’ll get to come home.”

He offers his young employee a smile, trying to reassure her without letting his own worry show.


Carson lets his eyes linger on the file he’s holding for several moments even after Misty has entered. He runs his finger down a list of names, then tosses the folder aside, sitting on his cot with his back up against the wall.

He gives a little scoff at Misty’s remark, and pulls his legs up to sit Indian style. “I’d just get myself in trouble and get thrown back in here anyway, so I might as well stay.”

He throws her a sidelong glance. “Besides, it’s quiet down here…not much traffic… That does have its advantages, you know.”

Carson looks at her bag. “Heading home?”


Con grins as he picks up the phone and hears Jamie’s voice. He moves around his kitchen, finishing up frying a hamburger for supper. “Glad to know you made it. I saw on the weather that there was rain that way…” He pauses, turning off the stove. “My day has been pretty boring. Took care of Ed – he’s happy. I’m home now. Saw Laura a bit ago… nothing special going on though. No news on Jason.”

No comments: