3/8/08

Plane

Tears pool behind Wyatt’s eyes, though he keeps them from overflowing. He can’t help his compassion and care that spills forth, seeing Katie like this. No matter what he thought he was seeing or feeling, none of this was her fault.
“Katie, stop blaming yourself,” he whispers gently. He accepts her hand and holds it in both of his, leaning forward to rest his elbows on the bed. “It’s not your fault, okay? I could never hate you…ever…no matter what. I care about you too much.” He moves to sit on the bed beside her, and pulls her up into his arms. His heart broke. He wanted to love her…he wanted to let his heart go to show her that love and to share it…but he could not…not when he still questioned whether she could ever return that love.
He rocks her gently, letting her cry. “You’re going to be okay, Katie…let me help you through this…I know I’m not Jason, and I know that I hurt you by pushing him away… but please don’t give up now.”


Con stands at the airport, talking on his phone in disgust. “The idiot just took off on a plane bound for Texas.”

No comments: