3/8/08

Moving stuff

Jason smiles when she mentions her steps. “That’s fantastic, Katie. See? I knew you could do it.”
Still not sitting down, her question hits him just how he knew it would – hard. But he can’t make it out to be more than it really is. Surely this was the right choice…and if that was the case, then it really wasn’t that big of a deal. What would Katie care if he started spending more time at Con’s place than here? She shouldn’t mind him sleeping somewhere else. …Deep down though, Jason could only wonder if his actions would prove to her that what he was doing was a part of a much larger picture.

“Nothing’s wrong,” he assures her, and moves towards his couple bags. “I’m sorry I didn’t make it back for lunch… I got hung up.” He kneels down next to his bags to rearrange some of the items, letting his eyes rest somewhere other than Katie’s face. “Listen, I thought I’d just take this stuff over to Con’s since he’s letting me keep my things at his place…he’s offered me his couch too at night if I want it.

No comments: