3/8/08

Be back

Clint sighs with content, and settles his arms around Wendy as he leans back against the tree. “Yep, work’s real good. I never would have guessed I’d enjoy mechanics that much. Dad said he used to tinker a bit before he got involved with the veterinary business…maybe it runs in the family.” He reaches up to pick a piece of grass out of Wendy’s hair. “I noticed people taking a liking to those pictures of yours…I think it’s pretty cool.” He pauses a moment. “I noticed Jason was here this morning…any idea why he’s back?”


Jason is taken aback by BJ’s approach, and isn’t sure how to react. He stares at the little boy, not used to kids, and surprised when he takes his hand. He knew about Sam…had heard the details…it was interesting that this child would recognize him from pictures though.
As BJ mentions not being sad, Jason’s eyes narrow slightly. What on earth… He watches the little boy scramble away, feeling just a bit out of place all of a sudden.


Mick grins and pulls out a chair for BJ. “Hey, Bud. Ready for some pancakes?”


Wyatt groans and pulls himself up into the chair. “No…I think I sprained my pride.” Finally a sheepish laugh comes out as he tosses the empty cups into the trash and he looks down at himself. “Well now…I’ve done a right good job of making a fool out of myself for the day.” He covers his face with his hands for a moment, knowing that he’s turning red as he laughs. “Looks like you need some more orange juice though.” He grins at her. “Tell you what...I’ll get some brought up to you, while I run home and change clothes. I trust you can live without a bumbling knight for half an hour.” He rises and heads for the door. “I’ll be back in a bit.”

No comments: