3/21/08

News

Reese sighs at Nate and shakes his head. “No leads thus far. I want someone to go over to Jamie’s and sweep the place this morning to see if anything can be found. Con doesn’t believe there will be any clues…he’s probably right, but its worth a try. He’s still trying to find out who poisoned him, thinking it will be a lead…I’m not convinced.”

He shakes his head and rubs a hand over his face. “Someone also needs to tell Jamie’s parents. I would have sent Con, but I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He’s obsessing, and it’s not like him. I’ll probably end up sending Jason over there once he comes in. If he doesn’t show up here soon, I’ll call Katie’s room.” He shrugs. “In the meantime, if you can get some sort of profile out of Con, I suppose you could help him look for this guy. I really don’t know what else to do. We can’t notify the authorities, so there can’t be a full-fledge search…this just doesn’t usually happen.”


Jason can’t help the smile that spreads, despite his weariness. “I don’t feel so hot either. Reese would kill me, but maybe I could get away with calling in.”

His eyes reflect mutual enjoyment in reference to the evening before. “Good. I had a great time too. We should do it more often.” He throws her a wink and finally musters up enough energy to roll out of bed and stand up, stretching tall and yawning. “Alright, Reese…” he shuffles in his stocking feet to the phone and picks it up, dialing. “Hey, Reese. Jason. Yeah. I had a rough night last night and…” Jason is cut off, his heart leaping into his throat. “What? How?” He spins around and glances to his bag, noting his phone isn’t there. “Well what….yeah…okay. I’ll be right in.”

Hanging up, he turns to Katie. “Looks like I’m not taking the day off. Jamie’s been kidnapped.”

No comments: