3/7/08

Friend

Jason is standing beside his desk, trying to sort through the papers he’d dropped, and he looks up with a scowl as Jamie enters. Now what?
As her question is hurled in his direction, he can’t help but lift his eyebrows and stare at her. Where on earth had that come from? Why was Jamie involving herself?
Jason controls his rampant emotions for the time being and rolls his eyes. “What kind of a question is that? She’s my friend, Jamie. How many more people do I have to explain it to?” He throws his arms in the air and raises his voice. “Katie Pent is my friend!!!” He lets his arms drop with a scoff. “There. You happy?”


Just as Katie falls, someone is entering the room. “Katie, are you okay?” a male voice asks. He goes to her quickly and kneels next to her. “Here, put your arms around my neck so I can help you back into your bed.” Ty looks at her with worry, his face reddening slightly. So much for a casual entrance after coming out of hibernation.

No comments: