6/21/08

Passing the time

Susanne looks up to see Lockheart and smiles big, offering a welcoming wave.

Reese paces his office, scanning the files from Sheriff Brown when he hears the knock at his door. Wandering to it absentmindedly, he opens it, his eyes still down. “Yes…?”

Finally prying his gaze from the papers he looks up and sees Lockheart. His eyebrows shoot in surprise, and his greeting slips out. “Angelica!” He shakes his head, opening the door wider. “Miss Lockheart…. I certainly didn’t expect to see you here! What a pleasant surprise. What’s going on?”


“And this is where we part.” Jason slows Trooper down at the TJY entrance, ready to head back inside from his lunch break.

Camryn grins and reaches out to give Trooper some loving. “Alright…” She glances at her watch. “I gotta get back to work too anyway. I have to lead a tour this afternoon. Fun fun fun.”

Jason gives her a wry grin. “With you leading it, I’m sure it is.”

Camryn stops for a moment, her eyes on Jason. “…thanks for the walk.”

“I needed it anyway.”

“Can’t you just accept a thanks?”

“I guess not.”

Camryn rolls her eyes. “Like that’s a surprise. Alright, well, I’ll see you around.”


“Hey, Bret. Starting early today, aren’t we?”

Bret swivels on the barstool to see Harry. “Nah…just needed a break.” He takes a swig from his beer bottle. “I’ll leave before it gets too crowded in here.”

“No work today?”

Bret shakes his head. “I can’t go back ‘til I’m cleared.”

“Ah yes…I heard about that.” The older man shakes his head and downs his shot of whiskey before turning to leave the quiet bar, waving his farewell. “Take care of yourself.”

“Yeah…” Bret watches him leave, then turns back around, giving a little sigh.

No comments: