5/2/08

Toilets

They guy smiles at Misty, his dark hair bringing out the green in his eyes. "Ah, an ambitious student." He nods with approval. "Me, I couldn't ever keep my nose in a book long enough to get the answers I needed to pass the tests."

He chuckles and extends his hand to her. "Alec Kryston. And I wish my trip was vacation...that would be awfully nice, but no, it's work related. I got a client needing my expertise with some customer service...in other words, I come, I stay, I make sure everyone is happy, then I leave." He grins. "Farming myself out as a persona rep has it's drawbacks, but...I suppose a trip to England is better than no trip at all." He chuckles again. "I've hit almost all fifty states, selling everything from coffee to plastic pool toys, and I've been overseas twice now, once to help a customer set up his business to sell toilets." He rolls his eyes with amusement.


Con gives a weary grin to Jamie. "Yeah...maybe taking that day off and staying home would be the better option." He looks down, indicating that there was something else on his mind...he wasn't usually a workaholic, nor did he usually let work overtake his demeanor like it was.

Snapping out of it, he forces a smile and picks up an extra straw, unwrapping it and sticking the balled-up wrapper in one end. Aiming towards the front counter, he blows, sending the paper projectile hurling towards Mabel.


Laura nods with definite approval of Katie's idea. "Getting out of here sounds splendid," she agrees. "But you're the one that's gonna ask Nate. If I do, he's never gonna let me live it down, and he'll think he's got me."

No comments: