5/2/08

Fun

Con raises an eyebrow at Jamie's statement of Herb thinking of him like a son. It evoked a thought in his mind tha thad come up a lot lately.

Shaking his head, he chuckles a little. "I don't think I could take standing in a kitchen all day. At least with the lumberyard I get to be pretty active. And..." His cell phone cuts him off and he rolls his eyes. "I need to shut this thing off." He answers it despite his annoyance though. "Yeah? ....Uh-huh...well no, I'm on my lunch break, can't you..." He sighs in frustration. "So tell him he'll have to wait, I... ....Alright, whatever. Look, I'll see you in a while."

Ending the call, Con shakes his head again. "Ya know, even work horses get to have breaks every once in a while."

He stops his complaining quickly as Mabel comes with their pizza. "And right now, this work horse is gonna eat lunch," he states flatly.

Too soon, lunch is over and Con is standing, ready to head back to work. He leans down to give Jamie a kiss on the cheek. "Talk to you later. Tell everyone at TJY hi...I gotta stop in again sometime here."

He waves to Herb and Mabel and makes his exit, wishing he didn't have to work this afternoon.


Laura aims for her desk, feeling content with the day. After a fun lunch with Nate and Katie, she was ready to tackle the afternoon. She pauses though, before splitting off from Nate, and turns to see him. "Thanks, Nate. I had fun." Giving him a little smile, she opens her mouth to say more, but Reese walks by, interrupting her.

"Hey, Nate, soon as you can, come to my office. I wanna see you and Wyatt about some things. We need to talk about Carson, Con and Jason, and what we're gonna be doing."

Laura watches him walk away, then throws Nate an amused glances. "Don't have too much fun."

No comments: