5/22/08

No answer

Wyatt's eyes widen and he blinks at Mabel as she brings the candles. Her comment about not letting life slip by causes his mouth to open, but his mind is a total blank.

As the actions continue with both Herb and Mabel, Wyatt's almost afraid to look at Aerith, his face turning two shades of red. "I...um...." Relieved that she doesn't appear to be upset, but now having no idea how to proceed, he just sits staring at her for a moment, his eyes still wide. "I...had nothing to do with this..." He stops, realizing that he doesn't want to seem like he dislikes it...of course he likes it to a certain degree. "I mean...it wasn't my idea or intention. It was..." He glances towards the kitchen. "I guess...um...some people know how to apologize better than I do apparently."

Turning back to Aerith, he gives her a look that displays his embarrassment, though slight humor mixed with a bit of pleasure. "This...isn't usually my style for a first date, just so you know...but I'm game to enjoy it if you are."


"Mm." Scott pulls himself up so he's sitting as Misty brings him something to eat. "I'm glad you didn't let me starve. I'd never forgive you."

Taking as spoonful of soup, he handles it carefully in his mouth, avoiding where his tooth had been as much as he could. He grins a little. "Aww, I was enjoying not having a clue what was going on around here." Pausing, he thinks for a moment...he didn't remember a whole lot...but he sensed he'd talked an awful lot...to...was it Katie? The memory of earlier that day was pretty foggy, but the longer he thought, the clearer some instances became.

Thinking better of saying too much more about it, he finishes eating in silence.


Jason raises an eyebrow at Nate's ending statement. Talk to Katie? Right. Like that was going to happen. She was upset, he was upset...it was going to be awkward enough working around each other every day without having to talk to each other, let alone sitting down and having an actual conversation again.

Sighing, and deciding not to reply, Jason stands up to follow Nate. "I'm right behind you."


A buzzing noise comes from the living room coffee table. Con's phone vibrates on the top of unopened mail. Con's head remains buried in his pillow, dead to the world.

No comments: