5/22/08

Ice Cream

Wyatt can't help it that Aerith's comment about the flowers makes him feel good. He starts to relax a little more, taking a few more bites of food.

"Mmm, ice cream and a movie, huh?" He gives her a slight grin. "Can't commit to a movie, but I can do ice cream and I promise not to run away... unless work calls." His eyes twinkle with mischief, signaling that he's teasing.

"Look, Aerith, I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm afraid if I don't, you're going to disown me before I have a chance to make it up to you." He sighs, thinking how to word it. "Current protocol doesn't allow me to say a word a the moment because of a pretty sticky situation, but...I don't want you to think I'm in an illegal racket or gang or something, especially after I wandered in here the other day with a bullet in my shoulder."

He pauses, wanting to give her enough, but not too much that she'd get into trouble if things at TJY went sour. "All I can say is that I'm in a form of law enforcement. Here in just a couple weeks, I'll either be free to tell you all about it, or... well, let's just not go to the latter option. But that's why when my phone rings I run. Sometimes it's life or death."

Wyatt searches Aerith's face, hoping she understood. "But ice cream I can definitely do, and I'll even pick you up if you give me a time."


Scott wants to talk to Katie more about what had happened, but sees that she'd rather not talk about it right now, so he moves on to the discussion of Domino. He gives a short laugh. "Sorry...she's a smart one, but can be kind of a pain." He glances down to his dog. "Can't you?"

Domino wiggles all over and puts her front paws on the bed, licking Scott's hand as he gives her attention.

"Yeah, you're a spoiled pooch, aren't you? Well don't worry, we'll go home soon... as soon as I can get out of this place without Rick or Misty killing me." He leans a little closer to his dog. "'Course once I leave here, I leave all the great pampering behind too."

Scott glances back up to Katie. "You...sticking around this evening, or getting your hind end on home to your own bed where it belongs instead of worrying about somebody like me?"


Laura looks up from her desk, seeing someone entering the main floor. She notices it's Nate and Jason, realizing they'd been gone for quite a while. Squinting, she sees Jason's face from a distance, and can't help but wonder if something was wrong...he hadn't been acting himself anyway, but tonight he seemed...far away.

Shrugging it off, Laura goes back to preparing to leave for the evening. Turning off her computer and grabbing her purse, she heads for the exit.


Con jumps on the chance to do something with Jamie in an attempt to make up for at least a little bit of his failings. "Give me half an hour instead, and I'll be there." He grimaces. "I don't think you want to do anything with me until I've had a chance to shower."

No comments: