5/22/08

Jerk

Wyatt withdraws a little bit, now completely unsure how to proceed. He didn't want Aerith to be disappointed that this whole thing hadn't been his doing, but he hadn't wanted her to think it was, if she'd felt uncomfortable with it either. "Um, work is going...okay I guess."

He picks at several bites as his food before letting out a long sigh and looking back up at Aerith. "I'm sorry," he apologizes. "Herb and Mabel have good intentions...maybe they had a better idea than I did." He glances to the flowers that seem awfully small now, compared to all this.

He gives a slight chuckle, his face still warm. "And now...I have absolutely no idea how to save this evening without you hating me, and me walking away to look for a ladder to get myself out of this ridiculous hole I just dug."


A smile spreads across Scott's face. Color is returning to his cheeks, and the bruises are starting to fade. "Hey, Katie." He gives her a silly look. "Better watch it, Misty just gave me another shot. I'm liable to fall off the sanity wagon at any given moment. ...Otherwise though...I'm feeling better than I was, I think. Sore, but what else is new."

He cocks his head, studying Katie's face for a moment. Yes..he remembered as much as he needed to about earlier that day. He could see it in her eyes now that he had recalled bits and pieces correctly. "What about you? How are you doing?"


Con opens one of his eyes drowsily and shifts his weight, rolling over onto his back. Rubbing his hands over his face, he wonders what time it was...he felt like he'd been sleeping for more than an hour. Maybe... his eyes drift to the clock. Oh, no.

Sitting up straight, he grabs his phone, seeing there's a message. "Aw, shoot," he mutters. What had he done...again.

Dialing Jamie quickly, he waits for an answer. She had to have been waiting for him for over an hour by now...most likely she'd give up on him. He doesn't even bother with a greeting as he hears her voice. "Jamie, I am so sorry..." He could kick himself for messing up yet another date, and didn't even know how to apologize enough. "I feel like a jerk. I fell asleep when I got home and..." He heaves a weary sigh. "Name the place and I'm there."

No comments: