5/19/08

Can't

Jason keeps his eyes on Katie, his stare a dim reflection of the spark that had died. Looking away for a moment, he feels another stab to his heart as he hears how much Katie misses him…how much she wants him back.

Not sure himself the whys of his own actions, Jason stands. Moving around to the other side of his desk, he reaches for Katie’s hands, pulling her up out of her chair. Sitting down in her place, he draws her back down to sit across his lap, wrapping his arms around her, and burying his face in her shoulder.

For several minutes he just holds her in silence, his soul in turmoil. Finally he speaks, in but a whisper. “Don’t let me do this to you, Katie…I can’t stand to see you hurting…you’ve got to let go before I break your heart even more. I can’t go back…I can’t give you what you need.”

No comments: