3/31/08

Well, well

Laura rolls her eyes, but agrees not to give Nate any money. “Alright, you win this time, but I owe you.”

She glances to Ed with a giggle. “Ah yes. Can’t forget about him.” Receiving Nate’s affirmation that he’ll give her rides to both places, she shakes her head. “Nate, if it weren’t for you, I’d probably still be out in the parking lot bawling my eyes out. I don’t know how I would have made it through the day without your help.” She turns to head back to her desk. “Just let me get my purse and I’m ready.”

She meets Nate by the door a few minutes later, ready to go.


Carson’s eyes fly open as he hears the loud click of the door lock. The room is dark…he doesn’t know what time it is, but would guess late evening. As far as he knew, no one else would be coming to him until morning.

Slipping off the cot, he stands as the door opens and closes. His hand goes for the lightswitch, sending dim light into the room by a simple corner lamp.

His eyebrows raise as he sees Misty. Would she ever stop surprising him?

Carson’s eyes narrow slightly, and he leans to the side, one hand up on the wall, the other on his hip. “Well, well, the little sheila broke the rules again, did she?” He quirks a slight grin. “Either she’s got more guts than a rat terrier, or she’s stupid…putting herself in the same room as a deadly criminal trained to torture people? Tsk…whatever possessed her?”

No comments: