1/27/08

Talk

Jason nods as he listens. He can’t empathize, but he can imagine the feelings something like Katie’s situation could evoke, and it wasn’t the greatest feeling in the world.
He just lets Katie talk, taking it in and contemplating it. “Well…I guess the only thing you can do is whatever you’re comfortable with and nothing more. I can’t judge why your dad decided to write to you now…though I dare say if there were ill intentions, he’s not taking a typical route. Sounds to me like he might have gotten hit with a reality check.” He shrugs. “I wish I could give you some advice, but I’m afraid without ever having been there myself I don’t know what to say.”
He thinks for a moment, reflecting on his own past. “Ya know though…I have to say that you’re lucky to have a dad talking to you at all. It’s more than some people have.”
He looks down, feeling his body growing weary, without having had any rest since getting back from the hospital. But he’ll stay awake as long as Katie needs to talk.



Mick concentrates on his task as Angel talks, listening more intently than his body language suggests. A wry grin escapes when she mentions Wes, and he shakes his head as she ends. “What did I ever do to deserve a million and once chances with that woman?” He stands up and throws his rag into a box in the corner. “Thanks, Angel.” He nods to her. “I appreciate your honesty.” Thinking for just a moment, he turns and heads out of the tack room, aiming for Rosetta’s office.

“Hey, Mick!” Sparky catches him halfway. “Jade’s been looking for you. I think she’s in the mess hall now.”

“Oh… thanks.” Mick looks back and for the between the office and the mess hall. Finally he turns, taking route for his daughter.

No comments: