7/6/08

You know

Jason grins at her. “You know my favorite is mintchip. And don’t get no chick flick. I’m in the mood for some butt kickin’ movie where the goodguy wins.”

Once Katie is gone, Jason settles back again, sighing deeply. He hated the feeling of not being in control of his own thoughts, and lying here like this was driving him bananas.


Carson sits and racks his brain for a solution. His nerves getting the best of him, he starts to bounce his leg a little, his hands becoming a bit shaky for the want of a smoke.

“Okay, so…here are the pieces…. I got a sister, whose location I don’t know. It may not even be the US. Next, I got a guy who found her – and I know it has to be true because no one knew about her at all – and I don’t know where he is either. He is going to do something bad to my sister if I don’t pay up the fifty thousand dollars. I just lost my chance at getting the money. So now we have to find him in order to take him down, and then find Danni so we can prevent more mishaps.”

He closes his eyes for a moment, lost for answers. Slipping his hand through the bars, he takes Misty’s. “I’m sorry,” he apologizes quietly. “I know I messed up.”

Quiet for several minutes, he finally speaks again. “If no one is going to let me work on this case, or even believe me for that matter, how about breaking me out of here?”

No comments: