7/4/08

How's it feel

Jason shakes his head a little, still grinning, and follows Misty inside. Looking around, he sees the light from the hall, and heads with Misty, noting the break room and infirmary lights were on.

Aiming for the break room, he looks ahead to see Katie emerging from the infirmary, and breaks away from Misty. “I’ll be right back.”

Going to Katie, he cocks his head a little, offering a look that wasn’t really sheepish…perhaps more grateful than anything. Without waiting for a greeting, Jason wraps his arms around her in a bear hug. “How’s it feel to be the hero again?”

Standing back with his hands on her shoulders he nods. “Thanks for pulling me out a while ago. I saw a guy from prison and it got to me before I could stop it.”

He pauses, searching Katie’s eyes, and knowing that she would say nothing about what just happened, even if she had questions. “And don’t give Misty a bad time…it was my fault.” A genuine grin breaks through. “Maybe I’ll get back on my feet one of these days after all.”

Jason gives Katie a wink, then pats her shoulder before turning back to the break room. “How’s Nate? I hope I didn’t rough him up too badly.”

Turning into the break room, he sees Nate with the ice, and grimaces. “Oooh, sorry about that one, partner. When that other guy started coming at me, I sorta went all out didn’t I? But!” He raises his hands. “I got a fight. Saturday night I meet up with this guy named Terry and he’s going to lead the way to the location. He said I’ll be up against a new guy they got, they call Eagle, and they’ll pay. It’s exactly what the cops have been looking for.”


Carson pulls out of the gas station and heads back across town. Tonight had been good. Torch hadn’t gotten the best of him this time, he’d made money on that, and he’d made extra with a couple side bets. Not to mention, he was out earlier than he’d thought, which would make Misty happy and avoid too many questions.


Reese walks Angelica to the front hotel door and pauses. Dinner had been relaxing and enjoyable. He couldn’t remember a time he’d just enjoyed…talking. Just…talking. About anything from life, to the past, to work, to families, to hobbies. It had been fun, and perhaps he hoped for more evenings like this once Angelica moved.

“Goodnight, Angelica. Thanks for the nice evening.”

No comments: