5/16/08

Fired

Scott heaves a weary sigh as he watches Katie leave, and is about ready to sit back down, when Rick comes up to him.

"Good land, man!" Rick exclaims. "What in heaven's name are you doing here? You should be at home."

Scott grimaces. "So I decided to come to work."

"So you shouldn't have." Rick looks at him with disapproval. "Hurt?"

"Like heck."

"Yeah. Well since you're here, why don't you come on back and let me give you a once over."


A sly grin creases Carson's mouth as he leans in so close to Misty that his face is almost touching hers. "I don't know if I can shut up, but I can definitely kiss you..."

He lets the passionate exchange linger, not caring if anyone else saw them in the parking lot or not. Drawing back, his eyes twinkle with mischief. Moving quickly, he snatches the keys from Misty's hand. "And since you're so cruel, I get to drive."


Wyatt's smile remains on his face as Aerith talks. The more he got to know about her, the better he liked her. "I understand. People think I'm crazy too when it comes to who I'd pick to date."

He cocks his head. "You'd be getting your way with me though - I'm not so sure about my looks, but I do know I'm not rich." He chuckles. "Though I can afford going out to a movie tomorrow night. How about it?"


Con starts to pull out of the TJY parking lot and turns toward town. "Chinese sounds good today. And I kissed no one's feet. As a matter of fact, I don't have to kiss anything anymore."

His surface tone remains humorous, though there's an underlying worry and feeling of failure that he tries not to show. "As of this morning I no longer work for the lumberyard. I got fired and am free to look elsewhere now."

No comments: