5/11/08

Fine catch

Con just listens some more, knowing Katie was sincerely trying to make the right decision. “I trust your judgment, Kat. And if you think you’re making the right choice, then who’s to stop you?”

He cocks his head as she continues, finding a side road to start heading back the direction of town.

As Katie reveals who it is she’s found, Con’s eyebrows shoot up in surprise. “Scott?” He looks to her, feeling stupid for showing so much surprise when evidently Katie really did care about him. “I…okay…” He gives a little nod. Scott was a good man…Con had never been close friends to him, but he was an honest Christian man…

Con gives Katie a sidelong glance, the corner of his mouth quirking a little. He was still confused about her decision about Jason, but he wasn’t going to make it any harder on her than it already was. The least he could do was support her. “So…Scott...alright.” He nudges her arm with his elbow and gives her a wink. “I betcha he’s a right fine catch for ya.”

Turning down another road, they’re back on the main street to head back to TJY.


“Hey, Scott, eating late today?”

Scott doesn’t shift his gaze from his computer as he hears Wyatt’s voice. “Guess so.”

Wyatt looks at his watch. “Me too. I’m headed to the break room. Want to join me?”

Scott finally turns and opens his mouth. “Actually I…”

“Oh, were you waiting for somebody?”

Scott hesitates. Yes, he was. But he couldn’t say so. “I’ll join ya,” he relents. “I think I got a frozen dinner in the freezer to warm up.”

No comments: