5/11/08

Anything

Con nods. “Sure. I’ll be waiting.”

He turns and head toward the exit, stopping again by Jamie’s desk just briefly. “I’ll be back so we can go grab lunch,” he promises. “Don’t go anywhere.”

He goes out to the parking lot and waits by his car, enjoying the warm day.


Scott gives Katie a shrug. “I don’t think I’ll waste away if I don’t eat at noon.”

He gives her a smirk. “I’ll try not to hurt myself, but I give no guarantees. If you can’t find me when you get back, check out the infirmary.”


Con straightens from leaning against his car as Katie emerges from the building, and gets in, starting the engine. Once Katie is in, he pulls out of the parking lot and aims for the outskirts of town, just taking his time.

He gives Katie a sidelong glance. “So…what’s on your mind, Kat?”


Mick smiles at Rosetta and he gives a little nod. “Thank you, Rosetta…for giving me meaning and a reason to live.”

Things were going to change again, and very quickly. But it was a good change, and Mick was ready.

“I’ll get a hold of Damien and we’ll move forward as we need to. And I’m right here…anything you need, you just tell me.”

No comments: